In the spirit of Thanksgiving...
Total time: 40 minutes
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
15 oz water
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon sage
1 can, 19oz black beans, rinsed
4 large tomatoes, chopped
1 small purple onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Suggested toppings! Serve with: Rice, quinoa, Guacamole, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime wedges, Sour Cream and/or fresh basil!
1. Heat oil in a deep, large fry pan over high heat. Add turkey, garlic and onion, and cook, stirring to break up meat, 4 minutes until browned.
2. Add cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
3. Stir in water, thyme, sage, beans, cilantro and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 until everything is well combined.
4. Remove from heat; stir in purple onion and cilantro. Spoon into bowls and serve with toppings!
+ High in protein
+ High in anti-oxidants
+ Gluten free
+ Dairy free
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Lopez Brothers. This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
Recipes using earth's