Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Total time: 15 minutes sauce,
2 cups cranberries
1 cup water
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1 1/2 pound ground turkey
1 yellow onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 egg, lightly beaten
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil for frying (alternative is to grill them)
1. Make the cranberry sauce, place all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir constantly so the chia seeds do not burn on the bottom of the pot. When the mixture has reduced by almost half and has thickened (about 10 minutes), allow to cool and sit aside while you make the turkey burgers.
2. Make the turkey mixture, place the turkey, onion, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, cumin, turmeric and egg in a large bowl and combine well. Make 6 patties.
3. Heat a large fry with the oil, and place the turkey patties in it. Cook for about 6-9 minutes, when one side is golden brown. Cook until done, about 12-18 minutes.
4. Serve with cranberry sauce! Add some fresh rosemary on top!
+ Cranberry Sauce is a great replacement for sauce that has white sugar, aids digestion, aids weight loss, protein, anti-inflammatory.
+ Turkey is high in protein.
+ The spices pepper, salt, garlic, onion, turmeric and cumin are anti-inflammatory, aid weight loss, cleanse toxins and boost the immune system.
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
Recipes using earth's