Total time: 10 minutes + 50 minutes baking time (passive)
1 medium butternut squash
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut squash lengthwise. Scrape out seeds with a spoon and discard.
3. In a glass baking dish, lay squash face-down in 1/2 inch water.
4. Bake for about 50 minutes or until fork pokes squash with no resistance.
5. Let cool for a couple minutes, then scrape out flesh and add to a food processor.
6. Add coconut oil and cinnamon and process until completely smooth.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
October recipes by Emily Rose Shaw
Check out Emily's profile page, and possibly hire her as your personal mentor.