Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 large entree salad
2 cups mixed greens
1 handful of your favorite herb (mint, cilantro, basil or dill)
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup chopped beet
1/3 cup red cabbage, finely cut
1/3 cup cucumber
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts
1 Medjool date OR 2 dried figs, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/2 orange
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 Tablespoon tahini
1. Wash greens and herbs in a salad spinner or colander and dry. Place on a large plate or bowl.
2. Chop all vegetables and place on top of the greens.
3. Add walnuts and chopped date pieces to the top of salad.
4. Wisk together lemon juice, orange juice, coriander and tahini until smooth.
5. Pour on top of salad, mix and serve immediately.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
October recipes by Emily Rose Shaw
Check out Emily's profile page, and possibly hire her as your personal mentor.