Total time: 30 minutes
6 sun-dried tomatoes (dry packed)
3-4 large leaves curly kale, washed
2 cups basil (packed)
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
sea salt to taste
1 eggplant, cut into rounds
1 Tablespoon tamari or Coconut Aminos
2 large tomatoes, cut into rounds
1. Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water to re-hydrate them. Chop into pieces and add to food processor.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, process to desired texture. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, add 1/2 inch water, tamari or Coconut Aminos and eggplant. Steam until eggplant is soft.
4. Blot eggplant with paper towel to rid of excess moisture.
5. To assemble tower, on 2-4 plates layer eggplant, pesto, tomato, pesto, so forth until all ingredients used up.
6. Serve Immediately.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
October recipes by Emily Rose Shaw
Check out Emily's profile page, and possibly hire her as your personal mentor.