Total time: 25 minutes + 8 hours passive overnight soaking time
1 cup dry chickpeas
1 cup cashews
Juice of 1 lime
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon sea salt
1-2 Tablespoons water
6 fresh mint leaves + a few more for garnish
5 dried apricots + 2-3 more for garnish
1. The night before, soak chickpeas and cashews in water in separate containers.
2. In the morning, rinse well and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the chickpeas until tender, about 20 minutes, drain and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, add cashews, lime juice, coriander and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth adding just enough water to make a thick cream.
5. Add mint and apricots and blend for 2-3 seconds (you want little chunks to remain.)
6. Pour cream over chickpeas and serve immediately.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
October recipes by Emily Rose Shaw
Check out Emily's profile page, and possibly hire her as your personal mentor.