Total time: 10 minutes + 35 minutes baking time (passive)
1 medium sweet potato
1 medium beet
Drizzle olive or coconut oil
Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Peel sweet potato and beet.
3. Using a very sharp knife or mandoline slicer, cut 1/8 inch, even round slices.
4. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets. Blot slices with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
5. Drizzle a little oil and sprinkle sea salt to taste.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, flip slices over and bake for another 15 minutes or until crispy. NOTE: Depending on how juicy the beet is, it may need a few extra minutes.
7. Allow to cool and serve.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor forThe Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
October recipes by Emily Rose Shaw
Check out Emily's profile page, and possibly hire her as your personal mentor.