Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 1 Large Salad or 2 Small Salads
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/2 jalapeno (seeded)
heaping 1 cup walnuts
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 Organic corn taco shells
2 cups romaine lettuce or baby spinach
1/2 cup cooked pinto beans or black beans
1/2 cup red cabbage (shredded)
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup corn
Handful olives, sliced in half
cilantro or parsley as garnish
1. For the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender, blend on high until completely smooth. Set aside.
2. For the walnut crumble, add all ingredients to a food processor, pulse until thoroughly mixed but small pieces of walnuts remain. Set aside.
3. For the salad, Toast corn shells at 375º for 5 minutes until slightly brown and crispy.
4. Break shells into pieces and place on 1-2 plates. To assemble, layer lettuce, beans, cabbage, tomato, avocado, onion, corn and olives in that order.
5. Top with dressing, walnut crumble and garnish with parsley or cilantro. Serve immediately.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
October recipes by Emily Rose Shaw
Check out Emily's profile page, and possibly hire her as your personal mentor.