1-2 garlic cloves, minced
½ -inch piece fresh ginger, grated
¼-1/3 cup red wine vinegar
3-4 Tbsp Ethnic curry mix or personal blend
1-2 tsp cumin
1-2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1K/2lb skinless chicken legs and thighs
2 cups water or broth of choice
4-6 diced plum tomatoes
1. In a small bowl or stone grounder, muddle or combine garlic, ginger, vinegar, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker (I always call it a “crockpot”), pour over the spice mixture and toss to coat. Pour in liquid. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
3. When ready to serve, stir in diced tomatoes.
4. Serve over hot brown, red or any rice recipe from above.
Raita with minced cucumber and mint
Shredded daikon, as needed
Cashews or peanuts, roughly chopped
Coriander sprigs, 1 Each
NOTES: Think up more condiments and garnishes you would like yourself and guests to enjoy beyond the traditional ones.
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
Recipe & photo by Susanne Wilder, health coach for The Earth Diet.
This recipe was originally posted on Susanne's web site www.wilderbythedozen.com
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved