Total time: 30 minutes
1 cups dry brown rice pasta (you can also use quinoa)
2 tablespoons of The Earth Diet Ketchup
1 cup of broccoli chopped into bite pieces
1. Cook the brown rice pasta in a pot as per directions on packet. Drain the pasta once cooked.
2. While the pasta is cooking steam the broccoli for 5-7 minutes so its still tender.
3. Stir the Ketchup into the pasta while on low heat.
4. Stir in the broccoli.
5. Garnish with nutritional yeast if you want a Parmesan cheese taste!
1. You can add fresh diced garlic and onion for extra flavor.
2. You could sprinkle with garlic powder.
3. You could use tomato paste or one chopped tomato instead of using earth diet Ketchup.
4. Sprinkle with thyme and oregano for extra flavor!
+ High in protein
+ Dairy free
+ Gluten free
+ 3 ingredients
Recipe made by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo by Rock'n Raw Photos.
*Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 bowls
2 cup brown rice pasta (dry)
3.5 cups of water
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon himalayan salt or celtic sea salt
3/4 cup peas
+ Add 1 teaspoon of Thyme for my flavor
1. In a pot add the brown rice pasta and water. Bring to the boil. Then stir and reduce heat to medium/low. Keep stirring until cooked and pasta is soft. (approx 10-20 mins) The pasta will soak up the water enough so it leaves a creamy consistency in the pot. The idea is to reduce the water so no draining at the end is needed. It should be a creamy consistency in the end, not watery at all. This is the creamy base for the 'mac n cheese'.
2. Add the salt and nutritional yeast to the pasta and stir together. Then stir in the peas.
3. You should have something that looks like the photo above! Creamy and cheesy! Add more nutritional yeast if you want is 'cheesier'.
4. Serve and eat!
+ Gluten Free
+ Dairy Free
+ Soy Free
+ High in Protein
+ Brain Food
EVERY single recipe on this website uses natures ingredients. * Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray 2013.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos - Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved The Earth Diet
The Earth Diet
Subscribe for free to receive regular updates and new recipes.