Now I shall show you how to quick change the recipe for a breakfast or even dessert winner! This is another reason why my e book cookbooks Wilder by the Dozen are more like 60 recipes not 12 as the culinary principles are presented with a plethora of variations and substitutions. For example you may use couscous, amaranth, any grain or mixture thereof that you'd like to try.
1 cup any colour quinoa, rinsed well
¼ tsp Himalayan salt (opt)
2 cups cold filtered water
½ cup Ea dried cranberries and sultanas
1⁄4 cup finely diced unsulfured dried apricots
1 cup diced Granny Smith green apple
1⁄4 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
The Wilder Method
NOTE: For even more creaminess fold in fat free quark or Neufchatel thinned with evaporated skim milk to preference. Mix it up with various kinds of nuts. Add a drop or two of certified essential oils for further synergy of citrus flavours such as:
· Tangerine Wild Orange
· Lemon Lime
· Use rice or almond milk for water, perhaps a splash of vanilla too
· Mix it up with red and green apples, try Fuji
· Add fresh grated ginger, fresh chopped mint at the end
· Substitute Goji berries or sultanas for cranberries
· Just add diced dried any fruits or buy your own un-sulphured apricots and snip them with scissors.
· Substitute with prunes and/or dates
· Spice it up with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice on a cold morn
· Sweeten it up with agave syrup, blackstrap molasses or apple juice (just not white death bleached sugar!)
· Don’t forget any chopped toasted nuts for textural crunch!
· Lastly this is great and even faster with whole grain couscous
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
Recipe & photo by Susanne Wilder, health coach for The Earth Diet.
This recipe was originally posted on Susanne's web site www.wilderbythedozen.com
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved