Total time: 30 minutes | Serves: 32 (1 tablesppon serving size) | 2 cups
3 cups raw or roasted almonds
ACTIONSAdd the almonds to a food processor. (A food processor with a 5-blade works best; a blender will not work well for this recipe.) Blend on high 20-30 minutes. The nuts will first become almond meal. Then, after about 15 or 20 minutes, the nut meal will release oils and eventually become a smooth almond butter – no other ingredient needed! It literally transforms from a dry meal into a smooth butter.
- Substitute peanuts for the almonds for Peanut Butter.
- Substitute walnuts for the almonds for Walnut Butter.
- Substitute macadamias for almonds for Macadamia Butter.
- Substitute cashew for almonds for Cashew Butter.
- Substitute Brazil nuts for almonds for Brazil Nut Butter.
- Substitute pecans for almonds for Pecan Butter.
- Substitute hazelnuts for Hazelnut Butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey or maple syrup for Sweet Almond Butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cacao powder for Chocolate Almond Butter.
Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 19g | Carbohydrate: 4g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Protien: 4g