Total time: 3 hours to soak nuts, 23 minutes preparation, 2 hours freezing | Serves: 16
For the Base
4 cups almond meal
5 tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
For the Cheeseckae Filling:
¼ cup lemon juice (approximiately 1 large lemon)
1½ cups cashew nuts, soaked in water for 3 hours to soften
6 tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
6 tablespoons coconut oil
½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Make the base. In a bowl, combine the almond meal and maple syrup (or honey). The mixture should be dry but moist enough to hold together.
- Turn the base mixture into a deep pie dish (large enough to hold 2½ quarts) and press it evenly to cover the bottom and sides of dish. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Put all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until filling is very smooth and light. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Once set, cut into slices and serve.
- To make a smaller cheesecake, halve the recipe.
- Make Mini Cashew Cheesecakes by pressing down a little crust into each cupcake liner, and then pour in the batter.
Calories: 291 | Total Fat: 23g | Carbohydrate: 19g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Protien: 7g