I am excited to share with you one of my most recent recipes and a sneak peek from my new book “Anxiety-Free with Food!” This salad has ingredients that are proven to reduce stress and anxiety.
Here is why this recipe is in the book:
– Spinach is a neurotransmitter, it helps fire up the brain with positive energy! Spinach also contains chlorophyll which puts oxygen into the body.
– Walnuts provide excellent fats for the brain to help it be stabilized and focus.
– Chicken provides protein and vitamin B12, which the brain loves. In fact, research has shown when the body is deficient in vitamin B12 one will most likely experience a lower mood, depression, and anxiety.
– Avocado is another great fat for the brain and helps calm the nervous system.
– Apple Cider vinegar is amazing for cleansing the body and digestive health.
– Thyme and rosemary are genius herbs to increase focus, stamina, and intelligence
SPINACH SALAD WITH GRILLED CHICKEN, AVOCADO, WALNUTS, AND APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
Time: 25 minutes / Serves: 4
6 cups spinach
1 pound organic chicken breasts, allow 30 minutes at room temperature before grilling
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 avocado, sliced
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 small purple onion, sliced
Prepare to grill the chicken breasts. Coat both sides of each chicken breast with olive oil or avocado oil. Sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Preheat the gas grill to medium-high until the temperature reaches 400F. Lightly grease cooking grates of the grill with oil to prevent sticking. Add chicken, close lid, and cook for 8 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook for 7 minutes more or until it’s cooked through. It should be juicy and tender. Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
While chicken is grilling add the spinach to each of the plates. Add the avocado and onion slices. Sprinkle walnuts over each plate.
Make the vinaigrette by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
Slice the chicken breasts, add it to the plates, and drizzle the vinaigrette over each one.
Sprinkle some red chili flakes or diced fresh red chili over the entire salad to finish it!
If you don’t have a grill you can bake the chicken breast instead at 450F for 15-20 minutes.