This is a completely raw, plant-based vegan dish, no cooking required. It is extremely nutrient-rich, leaving you fulfilled yet light so you can continue on with your day without feeling sluggish!
ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI WITH WALNUT MEATBALLS
Time: 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes soaking / down time) / Serves: 4
For the Zucchini Spaghetti:
- 2 large zucchinis
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 red or yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1/2 tablespoon dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
For the Meatballs:
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
For the walnut meatballs: Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix for 5 minutes or until well combined.
For the tomato sauce: Add all ingredients to a blender and mix for one minute or until well combined.
For the zucchini spaghetti: Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to make spaghetti strips with the zucchini. Place in the bowls. Evenly divide the Tomato Sauce and “Meatballs” between the bowls, and sprinkle nutritional yeast, if desired, on top.
- To save some time, you can make this recipe without the Walnut Meatballs and just have the Zucchini Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce.
- Top with Cashew Cheese.