The following are the 10 basic principles of the Earth Diet that are most important for health. For more detailed information, I recommend picking up my book, The Earth Diet.
1. Eat real “clean” food. This means organic, least-processed, and non-GMO. Eat whole foods as much as possible.
2. Eat seasonal and as local as possible.
3. Eat a majority of plant-based foods. Focus on what the earth provides naturally. Connect with nature and grow your own produce, if possible.
4. When it comes to animal products, use eggs and meat from chickens that are vegetarian-fed and free-range. If you choose to eat meat, use organic meat from free-range, grass-fed animals. Avoid nonorganic dairy products. Fish should be wild caught.
5. Drink plenty of good clean water (two to three liters daily). Get a water filter if you do not have access to pure, fresh water.
6. Avoid chemicals: pesticides, aspartame, MSG, or additives like artificial flavorings, colorings, fillers, and stabilizers. Especially avoid nonorganic soy.
7. Eat food that makes you feel happy, and express gratitude before eating.
8. Eat with intelligent awareness. Rely on your instincts to know what and how much to eat. When you have a craving, ask yourself, “How can I get this in the most natural way possible?”
9. Stay conscious. Before meals, ask yourself: “What nutrients am I getting from this?”
10. When you go off track, remember to be gentle with yourself. You can get back on track whenever you want. (When you feel you need to detox your body and aid your digestion, have a fresh vegetable juice or Lemon Water.)
CONTACT: Email:email@example.com Address: The Earth Diet, Inc. PO BOX 230396 New York, New York USA 10023 1 (929) 267-3444