Black Bean Hummus
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. tahini or roasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp. Simply Organic Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup cilantro (plus more for garnish)
Line baking tray with baking paper.
In high-speed blender, blend together all cashew “mozzarella” ingredients until smooth. Transfer mixture to prepared baking tray; freeze 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix together breading ingredients.
Cut “cheese” into 12 separate 3” sticks. If sticks are dry, dip in Milkadamia Milk to wet them. Place each stick into breading, covering generously.
In pan over medium-high heat, heat coconut oil. Working in batches, fry “mozzarella” sticks until golden brown and center is warmed and melty, about 1 to 2 minute each side.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox