Blueberry Protein Muffins
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Meal Flax Meal
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup Califia Coconut Almond Milk Creamer
- 1 tsp. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 2 organic apples or ½ cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva MCT Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Muffin Mix
- 3/4 cup Optimum Nutrition Plant Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Organic Gemini TigerNut Flour
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flax meal with water and set aside for 10 minutes until gummy.
- Mix almond milk, apple cider vinegar and baking soda until well combined.
- Peel apples. In blender or food processor, combine apple and MCT oil and process until you reach an applesauce-like consistency.
- In another, large bowl, mix coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and applesauce. Add flax meal mixture to bowl and whisk. Add almond milk mixture and stir well. And salt, gluten-free muffin mix, protein powder and TigerNut flour. Add blueberries and chia seeds.
- Bake 24 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out dry.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox