Cauliflower Cream Lentil Pasta with Chicken & Mushrooms
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Penne cooked per package instructions
- 1 lb. organic chicken tender strips
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- Fresh basil
Cauliflower cream sauce
- 1 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
In large pot, boil cauliflower. In blender, combine cooked cauliflower and remaining cream sauce ingredients. Blend until completely smooth.
In frying pan, cook garlic in buttery coconut oil 1 minute. Mix in chicken, salt and pepper; stir fry until chicken becomes white. Mix in mushrooms and spinach; continue cooking a few more minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
Stir cream sauce into chicken; combine well. Mix in pasta. Garnish with fresh basil.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox