Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Penne
- 1 large head broccoli chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1-1/2 cups Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken diced or shredded
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided (dairy or non-dairy)
- Fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cook pasta according to package directions. (Note: Cook al dente, as pasta will continue cooking in the oven). About two minutes before pasta is done, add broccoli. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking process.
In saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
In mixing bowl, whisk tapioca and 1/4 cup milk; set aside.
Reduce saucepan heat to low and pour in stock and remaining 1-1/4 cups of milk. Stir in mustard, turmeric, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture starts to simmer.
Pour in prepared tapioca and milk mixture, mixing thoroughly until sauce is thickened.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox