Chicken Satay with Sunflower Dipping Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. organic Chicken thighs cut into bite-sized cubes
- 3 Tbsp. roasted sunflower seeds crushed
- Fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup SunButter Organic Sunflower Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger diced
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. Redmond Real Salt Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. dried cilantro
- 1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili pepper flakes optional
- Wood skewers soaked in water
In medium saucepan on medium heat, combine all ingredients for sauce. Stir until thick and creamy. Remove from heat.
In bowl, pour half of dipping sauce, leaving other half in saucepan. Add chicken to saucepan; marinate 30-45 minutes.
On each skewer, thread five chicken cubes, leaving bottom third free.
In frying pan on medium heat, add oil and cook chicken about five minutes on each side (10-15 minutes total or until cooked though). (Note: Chicken may also be cooked on grill or baked at 425 degrees F in baking pan lined with parchment paper for 15-20 minutes.)
Prior to serving, sprinkle with crushed sunflower seeds. Serve with fresh cilantro, lime, rice and salad.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox