Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pHresh Products Organic Cacao Powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Flour All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries or dried cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease 8" square pan or 9" round pan.
In saucepan over medium heat, stir together coconut sugar, buttery coconut oil and salt until sugar melts.
In large bowl, mix together sugar mixture, vanilla, cacao, maple syrup and eggs until well combined.
Blend in flour and baking powder. Stir in cherries.
In prepared pan, pour batter. Bake for 23 minutes, until fork inserted in center comes out clean.
Let cool for 15 minutes.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox