Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
Coconut Shrimp with Garlic-Lime Aioli
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Paleo Flower
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Sea Salt
- 1 16 oz. can organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic coconut shreds
- Cooking spray or coconut oil
Garlic-lime aioli dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Garlic Aioli
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Fresh lime to garnish
Peel and devein shrimp. (Note: Leave tails on for dipping.)
In three separate medium-sized bowls, place flour, coconut milk and coconut shreds. Whisk coconut milk until fully blended. Mix salt and coconut sugar into flour.
Dip shrimp in flour to coat, followed by coconut milk. (Note: Repeat once or twice more for thicker crust.) Toss with coconut shreds. Arrange on large plate. Repeat for all shrimp.
Refrigerate 1-2 hours. (Note: Chilling helps keep batter in place when cooking.)
To Pan Fry
- In deep skillet, heat coconut oil. Drop in shrimp and cook first side until golden-brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden-brown and cooked through. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange shrimp on wire rack on baking sheet. Spray cooking spray lightly over top of shrimp. Bake until lightly golden-brown and crisp, about 15 minutes.
To air fry
Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F. When heated, spray basket with cooking spray.
Arrange shrimp in basket so not touching and spray top of shrimp. Cook 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
In bowl, stir together aioli and lime juice. To serve, arrange shrimp on plate with sauce in small dipping bowls and lime wedges as garnish.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox