Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken (Dairy Free)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil for cooking
- 1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1/3 cup cashew cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Sproud Plant Milk Unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices
- Sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup grated vegan Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
In mixing bowl, combine flour, spices, salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in mixture until well coated. (Note: If chicken is dry, run under water prior to coating.)
In skillet or frying pan, heat avocado oil until hot, then add chicken. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. As soon as completely white, remove from heat and set aside. (Note: A cast iron skillet works best and gives the best flavor.)
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse with hot water and set aside. (Note: Rinsing ensures pasta doesn’t stick together.)
In pan used for chicken over low heat, add butter-flavored coconut oil and garlic and cook for 60 seconds until golden.
Add cashew cream cheese, plant milk and lemon juice and bring to simmer, stirring until well combined and creamy.
Plate pasta and chicken. Pour on lemon sauce.
Top with vegan Parmesan, parsley and lemon and olive slices.
SunButter Thai Chicken Pizza
1 (9 to 10-inch) gluten-free pizza crust
SunButter Thai Sauce:
1 tablespoon buttery coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup SunButter, I use organic no sugar or salt added
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Bragg gluten-free amino acids (-GMO soy sauce)
1 tablespoon Bragg apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Carbone marinara
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more of less depending on the heat level you like)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Dash of turmeric
Dash of paprika
3 tablespoons carbone marinara sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese, can be vegan or use organic grass-fed.
1/8 red onion sliced thinly
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Bake the pizza crust for 10 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring until everything is melted together.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, turmeric, paprika, garlic salt and cook for 5 minutes. Then add half the SunButter sauce and cook for another minute, making sure the sauce fully coats the chicken.
4. Spread a layer of tomato sauce over the pizza. And then the rest of the Thai sauce over the dough. Top with cheese, the chicken, and red onion. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is done. Top with fresh cilantro leaves and serve.
Get recipes directly to your inbox