Dairy Free Seafood Chowder
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli cooked according to package directions
- 1 yellow or brown onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 clams in shells
- 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled
- 1 fillet white fish cut into cubes
- 1-1/2 cups Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
In large pot, cook onion and garlic in buttery coconut oil until tender.
Add flour, thyme, parsley and salt; continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix in corn, broth, water and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in seafood, sunflower seed butter and plant-based milk. Continue cooking until fish is fully cooked and flaky.
Stir in cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with one clam in each bowl.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox