Dairy-Free Shrimp Scampi Soup
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 4 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt divided
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled
- 3 cups broccoli or vegetable of choice
- 1 container (32 oz.) Pacific Foods Vegetable Broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Asian Selection Organic Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles
- 1/4 cup diced parsley plus more for garnish
In large pot, combine coconut oil, garlic, shallots and 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; sauté 2 minutes.
Add shrimp; stir fry 3 minutes, until shrimp starts to turn pink. Remove shrimp; set aside. Stir in vegetables.
Add water, vegetable stock, lemon and remaining salt; bring to boil. Lower heat.
Stir in rice noodles and parsley; continue cooking 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp; continue cooking 1 minute.
To serve, garnish with parsley.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox