Easy Lentil Loaf
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Penne Pasta
- 3 tsp. Bob’s Red Meal Flaxseed Meal
- 4 tsp. water
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Onion Salt
- 2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp. Simply Organic Rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. Rao’s Homemade Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease rectangle cake pan with olive or coconut oil.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare flax “egg.” In small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Once pasta is cooked, add drained noodles to food processor or blender. Process until it becomes a thick dough. Transfer to bowl.
- Add flax “egg” and remaining ingredients except for ketchup to bowl and mix with wooden spoon until well combined.
- Press mixture into cake pan and pour an even layer of ketchup over top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove, add another layer of ketchup and bake for 30 additional minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox