Easy Shepherd's Pie with Grass-Fed Beef (Dairy Free)
1/2 cup beef broth
1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
8 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor, divided in half
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
1/2 tsp. organic black pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
1 onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup peas
1-1/2 lbs. organic, grass-fed beef
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Sauté garlic, onion and carrots in half of coconut oil. Cook until soft. Add broth, salt, pepper and beef and cook an additional 10 minutes on low heat.
- Drain potatoes and mash them with almond milk and remaining coconut oil.
- In 8” x 13” baking dish, layer beef-veggie mixture, peas and then mashed potatoes. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over top of potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until brown and bubbling.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox