Gluten-Free Creamy Shrimp & Bacon Carbonara
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Penne
- 8 oz. organic bacon chopped into little pieces
- 1 lb. small wild shrimp peeled
- 3/4 cup organic peas
- Fresh parsley
Cauliflower carbonara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (about 1/2 head) chopped cauliflower
- 6 Tbsp. Sproud Plant-Based Milk Unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain; set aside.
In large pot, cover cauliflower with water. Boil 15 minutes or until soft. Drain; set aside.
Meanwhile, place bacon in frying pan. Start cooking on low temperature so the bacon can cook in its own fat. Cook 1 minute.
Add shrimp and raise temperature to medium. Continue cooking 4 minutes or until shrimp and bacon are cooked. Set pan aside.
In blender or food processor, combine carbonara sauce ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
Add drained pasta, peas and carbonara sauce to bacon and shrimp pan. Stir until well combined. Serve with extra black pepper and fresh parsley.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox