Gluten-Free Crepes with Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp. Sproud Plant-Based Milk cold
- 3 Tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
Chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup Windy City Organics Dastony Hazelnut Butter
- 1 tsp. SunButter Organic Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1 Bar HU Hazelnut Butter Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup raw hazelnuts chopped
- Vegan butter optional
- Fresh blueberries optional
- Maple syrup optional
In large bowl, whisk together crepe ingredients until all lumps dissolve. Let sit 15 minutes at room temperature to thicken.
Meanwhile, mix together hazelnut butter and sunflower seed butter. Over low heat, melt chocolate bar; stir into hazelnut butter mixture. Set aside.
Heat frying pan over high heat. Once hot, add melted vegan butter.
Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan and roll pan from side to side to cover bottom evenly with thin layer. Cook a couple minutes, until bubbles appear. Flip and continue cooking another minute.
Spread hazelnut butter on 1/4 corner of each crepe. Fold each crepe over to create a triangle stack. Sprinkle hazelnuts over top.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox