Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pasta Bake
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 cups raw fresh pumpkin, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil
- 1 leek stalk chopped into 1/2” circles
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. cashew cheese
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 fresh thyme stems plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 4 oz. vegan cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large pot of boiling water, cook pumpkin cubes 17 minutes, until just soft.
Meanwhile, bring second pot of water to boil. Cook pasta 7 minutes.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat buttery coconut oil. Sauté garlic and leeks until tender, about 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth, sea salt and dried thyme. Gently stir until mixture begins to simmer. Stir in cashew cheese until well-combined.
Stir in cooked pumpkin and pasta. Transfer to baking dish. Top with vegan cheddar cheese and fresh thyme. Bake 20 minutes.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox