Gluten-Free Swedish Meatballs
Total time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 brown or yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Seed Butter
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor divided
- Fresh parsley for garnish
In large bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, plant-based milk, egg, garlic, salt, black pepper, white pepper, oregano and parsley. Let milk soak into breadcrumbs 10 minutes.
Add onion, beef and sunflower seed butter. Mix well. Roll mixture into about 20 evenly-sized balls.
In skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and half the coconut oil with buttery flavor. Fry meatballs in batches to fit on pan.
To make gravy, whisk together coconut oil with buttery flavor and flour until dissolved. Stir in vegetable broth, plant-based milk barista, aminos and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened.
To serve, garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox