Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 cup Organic Gemini TigerNut Flour
- 1/3 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat shortening and pumpkin puree until creamy. Add sugars and continue beating until well-blended.
- Gradually mix in flours and salt until a soft, thick dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on baking sheet. Use fingers to flatten dough to ¼-inch thickness. (Note: You can also roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to cut into shapes.)
- Add 3 pumpkin seeds and press down on each cookie. Seeds can also be crushed and sprinkled over top.
- Bake cookies for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox