Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Penne
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup vegan cashew cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Tbsp. organic vodka
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- ¼ cup dairy-free parmesan-style cheese
- Basil chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ¼ of pasta water before draining.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook until soft. Add tomato paste and cook until color darkens.
- Stir in cashew cream cheese and plant-based milk.
- Add vodka. Bring sauce to a slow simmer and allow to bubble for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste and desired heat level. Add coconut oil and stir over medium heat until melted and sauce is creamy. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water to sauce. Stir in dairy-free parmesan cheese. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, top with dairy-free parmesan cheese and basil.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox