- For a more authentic presentation, save watermelons seeds and mix back into blended watermelon before pouring into ice pop molds. (FYI: watermelon seeds are one of the best superfoods)!
- If desired, ice pops can be layered in reverse (with green cashew mixture at base and watermelon at top). Simply fill 2/3 of ice pop molds with watermelon and freeze. Once layer is solidified, top with a heaping teaspoon of white cashew mixture and follow with another heaping teaspoon of green mixture.
Layered Watermelon Ice Pops
White cashew layer
1-1/2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
1 small lemon
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
2 tsp. maca powder or lucuma powder, optional
Green cashew layer
1 Tbsp. Phresh Greens
1/4 cup spinach
6 cups watermelon
- Begin with white cashew layer. In high speed blender, add all ingredients, including soaked cashews, and process until smooth. Remove half mixture and set aside. To make green cashew layer, add greens powder and spinach to remaining half of cashew mixture and blend until smooth. Remove and set aside.
- Clean blender and add watermelon. Process until smooth.
- To assemble layered ice pops, spoon a heaping tablespoon of green mixture into each mold. Follow with a heaping spoonful of white cashew mixture. (Don’t mix; allow white mixture to sit on top of green mixture.) Fill remaining mold with blended watermelon.
- Freeze overnight.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox