Mini Espresso and Chocolate Muffins
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- ¼ cup pHresh Cacao Powder
- 2 Tbsp. organic espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Ground Flaxseed
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Redmond Sea Salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup SunButter Sunflower Butter or Jem chocolate hazelnut butter
- 2 Tbsp. organic raw honey
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Hu Gems Dark Chocolate Chip
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line mini muffin pan with paper cups.
In large bowl, mix together paleo flour, cacao powder, espresso powder, ground flaxseed, baking soda and salt.
Add remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips, and mix with electric beater on high for about 30 seconds or until batter becomes smooth and creamy. With spoon, fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into paper cups, filling each ¾ full. Don’t overfill.
Bake for 15-17 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox