No-Bake Key Lime Pie with Macadamia Nut Crust
Makes one 9-inch pie
Key Lime Filling
- 3 cups cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 3/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 3 large dates, seeded
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients and blend until consistency is a fine meal with some small chunks.
- Add crust to a 9-inch pie pan and press into the bottom and onto the sides so it’s about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a high speed blender, combine all filling ingredients and whip until smooth. Transfer filling to pie pan.
- Let chill in fridge for 4 hours or in freezer for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
- Serve with fresh lime slices.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox