No-Bread Stuffed Turkey with Pomegranate Glaze
- 1 large organic turkey breast
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli or Brown Rice Fusilli
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavored
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 organic egg
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pomegranates
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Mix will and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Once flax mixture is thick and sticky, add coconut sugar, cashew spread, maple syrup, buttery coconut oil, spices, salt and baking soda. With an electric mixer on medium, mix until combined.
- Mix in flours and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Roll mixture into 30 small balls and flatten with a spoon. Alternatively, roll out dough and use for your favorite cookie cutter (like a gingerbread man shape) and cut out cookies.
- Bake for 8-10.
- Let cool and decorate with frosting and cinnamon.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox