Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
Servings: 28 brownies
Prep time: 15 mins
Refrigeration time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1.5 cups Tigernut Flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Sunbutter
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 drops food grade peppermint oil
- dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp Bhu Chocolate Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup Bhu Chocolate cookie dough
- 1/4 cup Organic Sunbutter
- 1/4 cup Bhu chocolate chips
Add all the brownie ingredients to a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Press the brownie mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Smooth a thin layer of frosting onto the brownies. Sprinkle chocolate chips and fresh mint on top.
- Put in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set, then cut into 28 squares.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox