Nut Free Nougat Bars
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 2 Tbsp. SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna Coconut Butter
- 1-1/3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Oat Flour
- 1/3 cup date caramel above
- 3 Tbsp. roasted sunflower seeds chopped
- 2 Tbsp. roasted pumpkin seeds chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Hu Kitchen Gems chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. Sproud Plant-based Milk Barista
Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes; drain.
In food processor, combine dates and caramel ingredients; process until thick and smooth. Remove and set aside.
In food processor (no need to wash), combine oat flour and 1/3 cup of caramel mixture; process until well incorporated. (Note: Nougat should be slightly sticky so it holds together when molded.) On baking tray lined with parchment paper, firmly press mixture.
Using spatula, spread remaining caramel evenly over nougat, then sprinkle sunflower and pumpkin seeds over caramel. Use fingers to press nuts into caramel layer.
Freeze for 60 minutes, until firm.
Remove from freezer and use sharp knife to cut bar-sized pieces. Return tray to freezer.
In sauce pan over low heat, melt chocolate. Once melted, add plant-based milk and stir until well combined and creamy.
Moving quickly, place one bar into melted chocolate. Use tongs to flip. Once fully coated, arrange bar on parchment-lined tray. Repeat for all bars.
Refrigerate bars for 15 minutes to set.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox