Dairy-Free Irish Potato Soup
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chives chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 ribs of celery chopped
- 4 large organic potatoes chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. Selina’s Celtic Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 2 slices bread toasted and broken into small pieces
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. chives chopped
- Optional: Cheese or vegan “cheese”
- In large pot over medium heat, melt oil; add celery, garlic and onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add potatoes, sea salt, pepper and vegetable stock. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- In large blender, combine potato mixture with plant-based milk; blend until smooth. (Note: An immersion blender may also be used.)
- Add soup to bowls, drizzle on balsamic vinegar and top with bread, chives and cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox