Potato & Chickpea Noodle Kugel
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 4 large organic russet potatoes peeled
- 1 yellow onion peeled
- 3 tsp. Emperors Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor melted
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Potato Starch
- 2 Tbsp. Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 4 green onions or chives diced
Vegan sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- Pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coarsely grate potatoes and onion into large bowl. Mix in salt, pepper, melted coconut oil, eggs, potato starch and nutritional yeast.
In medium bowl, mix together coconut cream, lemon juice, dill and salt.
Mix sour cream into potato-onion mixture until well combined.
Break pasta into quarters by breaking noodles in half, then in half again.
In baking dish, arrange a 3/4” layer of potato mixture, a layer of pasta, another layer of potato mixture, another layer of pasta, then a final layer of potato mixture. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over.
Cook 40 minutes. Serve with diced chives and vegan sour cream, if desired.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox