Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
Soft Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Servings: 15 cookies
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1-1/3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. SunButter Sunflower Seed Butter
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 2/3 cup Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. Nutiva Hemp Seeds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and flax meal until well combined.
In large bowl, using spoon or electric mixer on low speed, mix together butter, pumpkin, coconut sugar, apple sauce, maple syrup, SunButter, egg and vanilla.
Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir or beat on low speed until thick, creamy batter forms.
Use spoon to stir in dry oats, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds.
Drop 2 Tbsp. batter for each cookie onto baking sheet.
Bake 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox