Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
Spicy Thai Noodles with Sunflower Satay Sauce
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 green onions chopped, to garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp. diced fresh ginger
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. dried cilantro
- 1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
Optional: 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Use spiralizer or vegetable peeler to create sweet potato noodles. Combine with rice noodles.
In saucepan over medium heat, combine oils, onion, garlic and ginger; sauté until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Lower heat and stir in remaining sauce ingredients; cook on low for 7 minutes until sauce thickens.
Pour sauce over noodles and stir until covered.
Garnish with green onions and fresh lime before serving.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox