Spinach Mashed Potatoes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium organic potatoes chopped into bite-sized cubes
- 1 brown onion sliced thinly
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1/3 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup organic spinach packed
In pot, cover potatoes with 2” water. Bring to boil 17 minutes or until potatoes are completely soft. Drain.
Meanwhile, in frying pan over high heat, heat avocado oil. Cook onion a few minutes, stirring regularly so it doesn’t burn. Add garlic; continue cooking 2 minutes.
In pot, combine potatoes, plant-based milk, buttery coconut oil, sea salt and pepper. Mash until completely smooth. Stir in onions and spinach. Cover a few minutes to let hot potatoes wilt spinach.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox