Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Lentil Patties
Serving: 12 patties
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 cup cooked canned lentils drained
- 1 sweet potato grated
- 3 medium carrots grated
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- 1/2 cup spinach shredded
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley diced
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- Nutiva Avocado Oil for frying
- 3 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. SunButter Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1 carrot juiced
- 1 tsp. ginger minced
- If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. If frying, follow directions below.
After grating sweet potato and carrots, squeeze out water with hands. Use towel to pat out remaining moisture.
In large bowl, combine lentils, sweet potato, carrots, onion, garlic, turmeric, thyme, cumin, coriander and salt. Mix with hands until well combined.
Add flour and mix together with hands. (Note: If mixture is too moist, add more flour, but no more than 1 cup.)
Add spinach, parsley, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and mix until well combined.
With hands, form 12 palm-size patties.
If baking, arrange patties on non-stick baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden-brown.
If frying, in large pan on medium heat, heat avocado oil, add patties and cook 10 minutes on each side.
In bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients until smooth.
Serve plated with sauce for dipping.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox