Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
Thai Chicken & Coconut Curry Pho
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles
- 8 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 lb. organic chicken breasts cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 pouch Mike’s Organic Curry Love Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1/2 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro chopped
In stock pot, bring water to boil and add noodles. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. (Note: Noodles will finish cooking when added to curry later.)
In large sauté pan with oil over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion until golden, about 3 minutes.
Add chicken and cook until white, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and any other veggies desired, and cook until veggies begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
To sauté pan, add curry paste, coconut milk, SunButter, coconut sugar, vegetable stock and plant-based milk. Stir until well combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Stir in noodles and combine well. Remove from heat.
Ladle into bowls, garnish with cilantro and lime and serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox