Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- 1-3/4 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup TigerNut Flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1 pkg. Pamela’s Products Vanilla Gluten-Free Frosting Mix
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. water
- 8 Tbsp. Nutiva Refined Organic Coconut Oil
- Pink food coloring
- Confetti sprinkles
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Strawberries and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, use hand mixer to beat buttery coconut oil until creamy. Add coconut sugar and beat again until well combined.
- Gradually mix in flour, baking soda, vanilla and salt until soft, thick dough forms. Roll out dough and use heart-shaped cookie cutter to create cookie shapes. Arrange on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Make frosting according to package instructions. Divide in half and add pink coloring to one half. Spread icing on cookies and decorate with desired toppings.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox