Chocolate Silk Pie
Total time: 2 hours
● 2-2/3 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour
● 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Sea Salt
● 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar
● 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. vegan butter melted
● 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor melted
● 1 tsp. vanilla extract
● 2 egg yolks
● 3 Tbsp. ice water
● 1 tsp. Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
● 3 avocados
● 1/3 cup HU Kitchen Gems Snacking & Baking Dark Chocolate
● 1 tsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
● 3 Tbsp. pHresh Products Organic Cacao Powder
● 7 Tbsp. maple syrup
● 1 small can coconut cream
● 3 Tbsp. Sproud Plant-Based Milk
● 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
● 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Chia Seeds
Whipped coconut cream
● 1 can coconut cream chilled overnight
● 2 squares HU Kitchen Dark Chocolate Bar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease pie pan.
2. In mixer, mix together flour, salt and sugar. Mix in butter until well combined. Add
egg, vanilla and water; mix until dough forms.
3. Press dough into greased pie pan, making it as smooth as possible. Bake 15 to 20
minutes, or until golden brown. Be careful to not overcook, crust will continue to
cook and harden out of oven.
4. Meanwhile, in powerful blender, combine all filling ingredients except HU Gems;
blend until smooth.
5. Over low heat, melt Hu gems a few minutes. Stir into avocado mousse.
6. Scoop hardened coconut cream into mixing bowl, leaving any clear liquid behind.
Using a mixer, whip until light peaks form.
7. When tart crust is cool, pour in filling. Top with layer of coconut cream.
8. Shave chocolate squares over top. Refrigerate 60 minutes to set.
Get recipes directly to your inbox