Vegan Cincinnati Chili
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 HU Simple Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Edward & Sons Organic Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Spaghetti
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
In large pot over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Mix in spices and salt; continue cooking until fragrant.
Stir in beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaf and water; simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in chocolate, apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; continue to simmer 10 minutes, until mixture is thick.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and evenly divide into two serving bowls.
Remove bay leaf. Top spaghetti with chili; garnish with cheese.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox